Friday, July 22, 2011

Sun conure laid 7 eggs...its been 4 weeks, how long will this last? It has been 4 weeks now. Can I stop her?

I have been following all the advice I have gotten. No more wet foods, lots of cuddle bone, no petting her except on the head, limited light. I just read on Goldie's blog that Goldie lays eggs more than once a year! I hope that won't happen with Buddy. Buddy is real pretty and knows it and does some amazing poses! She is a total alpha female but 7 eggs... They are infertile and it breaks my heart to see her work so hard. I bought 4 plastic eggs yesterday and put them in with the 7. Is there any natural remedies that I can give to her to make stop laying eggs? Spending $800 for an exotic pet vet to give her a shot...is a way I am most reluctant to go...She is still healthy and I have had bad experiences with my vet. Are there vet samaritans in the San Diego, California area? Please help, if you can! I have a friend who has a male sun conure but he has been to a vet several times due to feather plucking. I was offered by my friend to breed Buddy, but was reluctant due to the male's problem. None of my birds ever plucked their feathers. Is this a hereditary behavior? I would consider breeding her now because I can't stand to see her go through all that loving energy for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment