Sunday, July 17, 2011

Depressed gambler needs �2000 please advise on what I can do?

I am increasingly selfish man who has destroyed my life and that if my family. My wife left me last year after I had a failed suicide attempt. I had been leading a double life and had amassed severe gambling debts and could not go on anymore. I spent 2 weeks in hospital following the failed attempt and everyday since i have lived in hell. We have 2 wonderful children who I only get to see once a week (if I am lucky and only for about 3 hours.) I recently have been living with my parents who have been incredibly kind. But I can't go on living anymore. I tried so hard to conquer my gambling compulsion. I found solace for a while in gamblers anonymous but then the dream world of the gambler overtook me and I ran up further debt and continued lying to my family about my whereabouts and my finances. I have a good job, where I manage to put on a different persona and get work done to a high standard, and I get on well with my colleagues. but each month I end up losing my wages and my losing my will to live. I have no real friends. I look at the 50 or so people on facebook and there is only one person on there who I would count as a friend. I even rang the Samaritans today, because I have no one else to speak to. My problem is that I can't get the thought of doing serious harm to myself out of my head. I have lost my wages and the �2k I need to cover payments of my debt management plan, my car finance and my mortgage has gone. I feel I have no option but to leave this world now. I have let everyone down. I did the same last month and my parents bailed me out but won't do it again and they have categorically said this. If I gamble again I am homeless and disowned. I can't move back to my own home as I am not welcome there. So my question I guess is two... The first is where the hell can I get �2k to put right all this mess and keep living for another month...? The second is seriously what can I do?? I mean I am only 30 and shouldn't be faced with suicidal thoughts again

No comments:

Post a Comment